Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sensibly Single :

Till date being single has worked for me perfectly. I know that I am single because I have reason to be. To me it is never an issue, as I do believe in fact and reality. Single or not, my happiness is the foremost important thing in my life. In a way, I am never single..... I always have me with me. I also have my work, my passion and my art. In a country, We have never had the privilege of knowing what it is to be just ‘me’. We are different countries girls have two is actually the father’s den and the other with our husbands. But I need to see and be in my life, my own life. in fact it is applicable for men, too. I need to feel and know that it is actually my life, after all. Being single is still a new concept in our society and it is simultaneously very fashionable and also not yet socially ‘acceptable’. But I believe it is a necessary step in one’s life, to come out of the box, out of the convenient way of life, and to deal with it practically. This gives me the strength to be an individual and to support myself Firstly, I have to be strong enough to support myself, and only then can I support the rest. In order to do that I need to know how to face reality without any back-up, this will eventually help me raise my own family in any given situation.

My father died when I was a teenager and my mom was in her early thirties. His sudden death forced us into a reality with us three children and a single (widowed) mother. She was a working woman and an exceptionally courageous one at that, and we all managed to pull it. off together as a family. I watched her struggle, constantly learning, while leading her life without any support. It was a huge pressure for her to deal with it all on her own. Over time I gave a lot of thought to the situation and realized that if she had her own life at some point she would have had the opportunity to prepare and strengthen herself for a situation like the one she was faced with when my father died. It is the same with divorced/separated women. they know how to handle being alone if they learned how to be single firstly. Of course there are many hurdles to face as a single woman, but it is still our life and we have to make the best use of it no matter what. It should be a choice, a choice of wanting to live life to its fullest. If being ‘single’ makes one feel happy, so be it! I always looked for.

Challenges and being single has given me the opportunity to see it all fun, pain, gain, all of it. Single life teaches me to be prepared, to be aware and to be accountable of my own judgment and my own decisions. I know exactly what I want from my life. Being single brings me closer to my life and my surroundings. Though it is not all fun, it is surely worth living alone at some point of our lives!

One piece of advice though: do not make single-hood the motto of your life. Keep a partner or lover as close to your heart as possible, if not close to your house. So, when the right time comes, you can be together and make life more meaningful, joyful and live with one another in LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment